Together, we are empowering students to become life-long learners by building rapport and providing relevant, rigorous instruction.
Our Vision & Beliefs
Our vision is to become a school that:
- Provides the foundation and desire for lifelong learning
- Fosters civic responsibility
- Promotes global understanding and compassion
Walhalla High School believes in:
- Providing a safe, healthy, and respectful environment
- Challenging students through relevant and rigorous instruction and curriculum
- Engaging students in higher order thinking skills
- Modeling life-long learning
- Encouraging active civic engagement
- Building cooperative efforts among stakeholders
- Expanding an awareness of global connections
At the request of the Board of Trustees, the district is seeking input from staff, parents, and the community on calendar options for next school year. The results of the survey will be shared with the board prior to a vote on the 2022-2023 calendar.
Surveys can be accessed through the 2022-2023 Calendar Survey page on the district website.
We invite you to attend one of our three Town Hall style meetings to learn more about Oconee Virtual Academy. We will share details about how it works, what grade levels are offered; current students, families and staff will share their experience; and you will have a chance to ask questions. Please join us for whichever meeting fits in your schedule best.
Tuesday, January 25th 6PM at the Walhalla Middle Auditorium
Thursday, January 27th6PM at the West-Oak Middle Cafeteria
Tuesday, February 1st 6PM at the Blue Ridge Elementary Cafeteria
If you're planning to park on campus for 2021-2022 the school year, you must complete the following steps before your parking pass will be assigned:
- Students must complete the Drive Smart Class.
- Fill out the online 2021-2022 Parking Registration Google Form.
- Pay the $20 registration fee using the student School Pay account.
- Once the registration form is completed and the fee has been paid, your parking space will be reserved.
- Please email a copy of your School Pay receipt and Drive Smart certificate to Mr. Broome.
Click HERE to complete the Google Form.
Click HERE to pay on School Pay.
Email Mr. Broome, email@example.com.
SDOC Announces 2022 4K Screening Dates
Please call 864-718-5133 as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.
Families with children who will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2022 are encouraged to schedule a 4K screening to determine if their child is eligible to attend an SDOC 4K program.
This information is being sent as a reminder of the district’s inclement weather procedures.
Any decision to move to eLearning will be made by 6:00AM.
Announcement of a decision to move to eLearning will be made through the following outlets:
- SDOC/school websites & SDOC App (immediate posting with up to date information)
- School Messenger Call System (delivered to parents & staff via phone, email or text)
- Radio (WGOG–101.7FM, The Lake 94.1 or 1150AM, WCCP-105.5FM, WJMZ 107.3)
- Local TV (WYFF-4, WSPA-7, WHNS-21)
- Twitter @OconeeSC_school
- Facebook – School District of Oconee County
As the district announced last week, the SC State Department of Education re-instituted the requirement of face masks for students and drivers** on buses. School districts were given until August 30th to be in compliance. The SCDE released a revised memo on Friday, August 26th, to clarify that districts shall implement disciplinary measures for not wearing the mask.